The Sustainability Project Inc. incorporated on March 21, 2000
is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization promoting a love of nature,
environmental stewardship, caring communities and ways of living
that deepen our understanding of the interconnected web of life. Our
guiding principles embrace diversity, inclusion and compassion as
fundamental to the long-term well-being of our planet and its inhabitants.
Seed Celebration 2016: Saturday February 13th - stay tuned for more information!
The Sustainability Project's primary organizational goals are:
- to develop wheelchair accessible gardens, trails and camping sites at our 33-acre center in the Emerson Brook Forest.
In addition to giving the public access to a beautiful place in nature, we intend to develop the center as a learning
laboratory for edible forest gardening,permaculture design and sustainable community practices.
- to encourage and support new program ideas, initiatives and collaborations in line with our mission. Individuals or
groups with compatible program ideas that could benefit from The Sustainability Project's organizational structure are
invited to contact us at email@example.com.
Review our Program Guidelines here.
- to continue offering (and developing) our mission driven events and activities to bolster our community's
sustainable living skills and capacity for life in balance with the natural world.
Ways to Get Involved
- Volunteer your time and energy. There are limitless ways to help promote The Sustainability project's mission
-- in the Emerson Brook Forest and in the wider community.
- Attend a board meeting. We meet monthly on the second Monday of the month at 6:30pm at the wheelchair
accessible Cleveland Building on Roxbury Plaza in Keene.
- Join a committee (Governance, Program Development or Fundraising)
- Lead or take a workshop.
us on Facebook
- Sign up to receive our 1-2 monthly email updates and event listings
- Make a donation.
- Visit us in the Emerson Brook Forest or at our office at Green Energy Options, 79 Emerald St. Keene.
Ways To Live Sustainably
- Lighten up your load. Clean out your closets, give away anything extra to someone who can use it.
- Shift your priorities. Spend more time with family, friends, communities and the simple pleasures of the natural
world. Make time to be the human being that you know you can be; unspoiled by fear, hatred and the drive to compete.
- Look for guidance from the children. Children represent the highest stage of human evolution and they are great
teachers. Re-learn how to cry.
- Volunteer to mentor a young person. Get close to an elder or someone who may have an isolating disability.Help a
neighbor; lend a hand to a farmer. If you are not a slave to housework, help make a meal, and/or do the dishes for
someone who is.
- Embrace the end of life as a farewell gift, a celebration and an opportunity for family and community to come
together in a most meaningful way. Do everything with love.
- Remember as Philo would say, "be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." Look for the good in
The Sustainability Project
P.O. Box 311, 26 Emerson Brook Drive, Gilsum, NH 03448, (603) 209-7272